To blog or not to blog

| Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'd like to thank my family and friends who have encouraged me to start showing some of my photos.

A friend and co-worker couldn't believe that some of my photos have lived in a negative sleeve inside a college notebook for 25 years, never seeing the light of day. It made me realize that I needed to let them breathe. Thanks, Super Dave.

After a 18 month stint as a photojournalist during college, I thought I had had enough. But the shutterbug bit me again.

Thanks to my husband and lensboy, I recently graduated to my dream camera. Thanks for the some bunny speeches over the past 21 years. I know I am slow getting it, but here it is.

Why Lipsmack? When you have grown up with a difficult last name, you think you have seen it all. The way people bastardize a name is unbelievable. Mispronunciations, misspellings...Maytag, Smeth, Semtar, Slestak, you name it (no pun intended). Thanks to a lost hotel reservation and some friends who just think outside the box, this one made me laugh. At least it is memorable, and it gave me that kick I needed to start blogging. Thanks Dan & Teresa.

To all my family and friends, again, Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being you.


All photos on this blog are copyrighted (©2009 Laura Smetak), and use without the artists express permission is prohibited.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love "Lipsmack"!! Your photos are great, I'm glad you put them out there for us to view.