Chapel in the snow

| Tuesday, September 30, 2008



The Chapel at Chestnut Square - McKinney, Texas

McKinney, Texas experienced a real live snow, not the icy stuff, but the big white flaky stuff you see in up north. It was powdery and flakes were as big as cotton balls-and I am not exaggerating. What added to the oddity of snow, was this was in March.

I drove the few miles to the office and grabbed Karl, the videographer I work with, and we headed to the Towne Lake Park. I suggested we come back to Chestnut Square on our way back to downtown.

The historical setting of Chestnut Square was beautiful. Although the snow was melting quickly, it was still thick and powdery and no one had yet ruined the pristine setting with footprints. Originally, this was taken in color, which in itself looks fantastic. But I switched it over the grayscale, and it is closest I have come to getting a Ansel Adams-eque photo.

Like Karl said, Ray Charles couldn't have taken a bad picture out there that day, but this was definitely one of my favorites.

©2009 Laura Smetak All rights reserved. All photos and stories on this blog are copyrighted and use without the artists express permission is prohibited.

0 comments: