A RIDE TO REMEMBER

| Monday, April 27, 2009


Somewhere in Wyoming

Obviously, I didn't take this photo. Our good friend Teresa did. She and her husband Dan are our road captains. I don't get to be in a lot of photos, hazards of the job I guess.

By the way, Dan and Teresa are responsible for Lipsmack Studio. So I have them to thank for the name and the encouragement. I took their wedding photos. I have never been big on taking photos of people, and especially weddings. Too big of a responsibility. But due to an emergency, I ended up taking their photos. I ended up enjoying it more than I thought I would. Yes, I stressed. Yes, I was a perfectionist. Yes, I took 600 photos. But they gave me a push I was needing to start this blog and start sharing my photos with the public.

This photo was taken this past summer on our big ride to Yellowstone. I don't ride much without a helmet, so don't freak. I learned my lesson. A friend fell over on her bike sitting still in a parking lot and knocked herself unconscious. So after that, I don't ride without it.

I like this photo. It portrays many of the things I love--my husband, riding, photography and friends. Good friends and good rides make for fantastic memories.

©2009 Laura Smetak All rights reserved.
All photos and stories on this blog are copyrighted and use without the artists express permission is prohibited.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Looks like you guys are having a fun time.

Jen Peters said...

I like your comments about this shot...it does look like fun!