Slacker

| Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sorry, I admit I've been slacking lately. I really haven't taken any photos that I am extremely proud of lately. Been busy at work, a little under the weather and redecorating a bathroom.

I was just taking a bath, thinking about what a slacker I've been, wondering if anyone is still reading this, and thought...Oh what the hell. I have a bunch of photos that for whatever reason I like and can't explain. Photos of people,who I have no idea who they are but just happened to be a shot that I like. Random shots of the clouds, a photo that didn't quite come out they way I expected, but like it any ways.

I have taken photos on vacations and trips. Passerbys and other tourist who just happened to be a head of me and in front the lens. And for some reasons of lighting, color, composition, or other phenomenon, I like the photo.



Climbing out of Mesa Verde, Colorado 2007

These ladies were ahead of me at Mesa Verde. They were climbing the ladder out of the dwelling ahead of me and liked the lighting in the photo. This was taken just after I took the storm clouds over Mese Verde photo below. It just seemed to be some really nice photos on that trek.



Clouds over the Million Dollar Highway - Ouray, Colorado


The sun peaking through clouds directly overhead. We were riding from Silverton to Ouray somewhere near a place called Red Mountain or something like that. You can see the peak of the mountain in the lower right. I just aimed the camera overhead and clicked. This is what came out.






On Deck - Cruise ship to Cozumel



Just exploring by myself at sunset aboard the cruise ship. This was after a day of snorkling and finally setting foot in another country - even if it was Mexico. It was a cruise with my sister, Tracey. I left her in the cabin (taking a nap) and I wondered around by myself. Guess I am glad I didn't fall overboard-she would have never known what happened to me.







Swim Deck - Cruise Ship Ecstasy






More People I don't know - On Deck




Self portrait 1 - On Deck




Another Self portrait - On Deck

This was taken just after the first self portrait. For some reason I like it. It is not the best example of composition, lighting , color but something makes me like it. It was really windy up there. This is the highest, and most forward part of the ship. I had to brace myself against the railing to keep from getting blown away. Just to show you how windy it was, just look at my hair being blown at 90 degree angle from my head, and my hair is not that long.

All photos and stories on this blog are copyrighted (©2009 Laura Smetak), and use without the artists express permission is prohibited.

1 comments:

-isaac said...

i love the pix you take! sometimes i even set them as my wallpaper on my iPhone. as for that last pic of your shadow, i like it too. i think its b/c the way the shadow looks with your hair blowing in the wind...well, as least that's what does it for me. i love windy-hair-blowing-in-a-direction-shots. either way, love your pix!!! :D so keep blogging and i'll keep reading!!! :D ltrs!!!