Let's go back to Luckenbach, Texas

| Wednesday, March 11, 2009


Everybody's somebody in Luckenbach, Texas

Now if you're expecting a thriving metropolis when you visit Luckenbach, you need to think again. Boasting a population of 3, this is one of 2 buildings there. A combination of Post Office, Saloon and General Store, this building is 150 years old and is walk back in time.

As a photographer, I was taught to crop with the camera, so I have a hard time cropping my photos to odd shapes. But I had a long frame and thought it might be interesting to try to crop this photo. The old oak tree in the back was a part of the original composition, but I forced myself to crop the photo to nearly half its original height. I think it brought more attention to layers of signatures from visitors to the iconic Texas town.

I like what turned out by pushing myself to do something against my training.

©2009 Laura Smetak All rights reserved.
All photos and stories on this blog are copyrighted and use without the artists express permission is prohibited.

0 comments: