The Mother Road

| Monday, January 26, 2009


Rock Cafe Historic Route 66 - Stroud, OK



Historic Route 66 - Stroud, OK

I recently received a google alert that some Route 66 fans were following my blog. While I had already posted some New Mexico photos from the Mother Road, I thought I'd say a big welcome with some other photos taken from Oklahoma on a summer's day ride to Tulsa.

Talk about a ride through Hades! It was 108 degrees that ride that took us to see some of the kitschiest attractions that remain on the road. This was before my big digital SLR camera came to play, so these are just some shots I made of the ride with the Harley Owners Group from Allen, Texas using my point and shoot. Just playing around with the old toy camera effect to capture the nostalgia of the road trip.

Here are a few of our highlights.

Round Barn - Arcadia, OK


Blue Whale - Catoosa, OK

©2009 Laura Smetak All rights reserved.
All photos and stories on this blog are copyrighted and use without the artists express permission is prohibited.

3 comments:

Dan said...

Fantastic, nostalgic pictures of the great old road!

lynn said...

Love the ROUTE 66 PIC AND THE Coke pic. I always wanted a pic of Bill Smiths Cafe sign.

lynn said...

Love the ROUTE 66 PIC AND THE Coke pic. I always wanted a pic of Bill Smiths Cafe sign.