A NATIONAL PARK ICON

| Monday, October 12, 2009


El Capitan - Yosemite National Park

The icon of Yosemite stands as a shear face of gray granite. I wish I had more time to study and photograph it, but I only had minutes outside the van to get my shots. It is amazing to see it in real life after staring at it in Ansel Adam calendars and books I have collected over the years. I got there and stood awe struck, almost forgetting to take the photograph. Well, I did get a couple, but it was only a teaser of what I need to go back and really photograph.



Yosemite Valley - Yosemite National Park (El Capitan, Half Dome, Bridal Veil Falls)


©2009 Laura Smetak All rights reserved.
All photos and stories on this blog are copyrighted and use without the artists express permission is prohibited.


4 comments:

Sally said...

These photos are so amazing! I love them!

Lipsmack Studio said...

Thanks there Sal!

Lipsmack Studio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Don Simmons said...

Really nice images of Yosemite!